LATEST 2020 SEASON UPDATES
IMPORTANT MEETING INFO:
*The first general meeting of the season will be held Monday, 10 August, 6:30 pm, via Zoom.*
The information posted earlier that this is the District Director Meeting is incorrect...the District Director Meeting is scheduled for Monday, 24 Aug.
NOTE: Remember that any member who attends ALL August meetings will receive credit for an additional meeting.
An email blast was sent to all members via Arbiter with the Zoom links for the general meeting, as well as the position breakouts. If you did not receive this email, please contact your Div Rep ASAP so they can help rectify the problem (we are finding issues with some email addresses in Arbiter).
The Zoom meeting links are also located in the Members Section. Please log-in there to see the meeting links.
Due to various federal, state and local orders/guidance, including from UIL, TAPPS and TASO, regarding the coronavirus pandemic, there are many changes to the 2020 schedule of events, including games and TASO/chapter events.
Please understand this is a fluid and dynamic situation. While UIL is committed to playing out this season, ongoing events WILL generate further changes as UIL and all schools evaluate their options for the 2020 school year/season. And these changes may occur daily.
We will be sure to post updates as soon as we hear about them.
Regardless, we encourage all officials to spend as much time possible studying rules, mechanics and getting in shape. The lack of the usual clinics and spring scrimmages presents a challenge to all of us, and it will take extra work to overcome these missed training and preparation opportunities.
Please contact your Division Rep if you are in need of/seeking assistance in preparing for the season. We will be more than glad to provide additional training and education opportunities.
IMPORTANT: The 2020 TASO Rules Test is now available! You can find it in when you log into your TASO portal.
**You must score a 70 or better to work any level of game, and an 80 or better to work playoff games!
Other important updates and events:
1. Please reference the emails sent out via Arbiter for ongoing training events. If you have any questions, please contact your Division Representative.
The Young Guns Program is offering ongoing Zoom training which is beneficial for officials of all levels. Please check your email for these dates/times. Go to the Education tab for further information on the Young Guns program, led by Eric Smith.
*** The Official's section will have the actual links to chapter Zoom meetings. ***
*** If you are not receiving emails via Arbiter regarding these dates and links, please contact your Division Rep and Rudy Balli to ensure you receive Arbiter blast emails. ***
2. ** The Annual TASO State Football Meeting was conducted via webinar on 25 July.**
** If you attended the entirety of this webinar, you received 9 education points. Additionally, per SA Chapter By-Laws, you will receive one meeting credit toward the total requirement of seven for this season (there will be nine meetings scheduled...see the Chapter Event Schedule at the bottom of the page). Additionally, if you attend all four Chapter Zoom meetings in August, you will receive credit for another meeting.
There are several individual breakout webinars scheduled for the coming weeks. Please note you will NOT receive additional points for attending these additional webinars...they are provided to help strengthen your rules and mechanics knowledge.
3. ALL On-Field and Regional Rules Clinics are cancelled across the state...they will now be conducted on-line. Dates/times to follow.
4. IMPORTANT: While many games have been published in Arbiter, please note that they WILL change and the entire published Arbiter schedule for 2020 will be updated. So do not be surprised when you start receiving cancellation notices or game removal notices as we update Arbiter based on latest inputs from schools. Please go in and update any blocks you may have ASAP, and accept your games.
Do NOT contact the secretary (David Balli) or assistant secretary (Rudy Balli) with any schedule questions...they will be busy making sure Arbiter is updated as the schedule changes, which is ongoing.
5. If anyone has concerns about being on the field, whether from a personal or professional perspective, please notify your crew chief and/or Division Representative. We understand the concerns and risks associated with the virus and the decisions of individuals to either work or not officiate football, and respect the decision of anyone to recuse themselves from officiating. Officiating is an at-risk activity, and while UIL, TASO and chapters across the state will continue to advocate for and provide information, the ultimate decision to officiate and your individual safety are up to you. This could include wearing masks, gloves, travel arrangements, using your own water source, towels and/or using an electronic whistle...these are but just a few examples, but bottom-line is your safety is in your hands.
Please reference the 2020 Chapter Event Schedule posted below for further information.
Other important updates will be sent out via Arbiter and posted on this website.
For UIL updates, please go to:
For TAPPS updates, please go to:
For TASO updates, please go to:
We encourage everyone to follow applicable health practices/guidelines, and we hope everyone remains safe and healthy during these challenging times.
If you have questions, please contact your Division Rep.
Join us in this Centennial Celebration of Texas High School Football. Despite the uncertainties of the current pandemic and it's impact on sports, we continue to prepare for the 2020 season.
Please scroll down for further information on joining the San Antonio Football Chapter, as well as the 2020 Calendar of Events (including training and Chapter meetings).
* Important -- Crew Assignment Proposal *
Below are the Powerpoint slides used to present the Crew Assignment Proposal at the 28 October General Meeting. The Proposal was approved by the membership at the 11 November General Meeting and will be implemented for the 2020 season.